Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design of vibratory equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBarata

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2019
BR
Hi guys,
I'm starting to work with foundry equipment and I need to validate some information about a Shakeout (sand reclamation in the foundry, basically a heavy vibratory screen).

I'm studying a lot but I guess I'm missing some points to verify if my drive is ok for the equipment, could you give some help or even recommend a good book with some specific details about this kind of equipment?

My equipment weights 6ton and the max load over its deck is 15ton (metal+molds/sand).
I'm considering a drive with 20CV and 6 poles (1200rpm), and I use in my shaft 2 eccentric mass of 31kg and 126mm from the shaft center line to the center of mass. Using the formula Fc=m*w²*r I got an impact (centrifugal force)of ~6ton in each side of the shaft. Now, how can I verify the consumed power/torque? The vibration amplitude with this impact? And should I verify the amplitude only with the equipment weigth ou equipment+load?
To design the spring should I consider only the min and max loads per spring to ensure the deflection will not lock the spring or there is other detail?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back