Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design Table Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWBRAZIL

Specifier/Regulator
Mar 22, 2002
BR
I have a parametric part with more than 300 parameters. A spreadsheet of MS Excel supports only 255 parameters (columns) in a Design Table. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That is an Excel limit that you can not override. Your best bet would be to split the design table into multiple components. For somthing of that size, you should probably use the API to update dimensional values. You could have it read your Excel file (setup in Rows) and update the dimensions. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

I have already crossed this bridge SWBRAZIL. You only have a couple of choices to make.

1) Use multiple sheets to determine and control certain aspects of Sheet 1 and use VBA to help. This can help can down on the number of columns.

2) Make and external spread sheet to control your model using both VBA and SW API.

3) Last make a VB App to control your model.

I hope this Helps, Scott Baugh, CSWP :)
credence69@REMOVEhotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back