Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detail callout circle 'sketch' not deleting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoFett

Mechanical
Mar 17, 2011
US
Hi guys,

Newbee to the site, but I've been using SWx for 5 years now. Currently on SW2009 SP3. Anyway, I don't remember this being an issue in previous versions, and honestly don't remember it being in issue in 2009 until sometime last year, but I can't figure it out. Interenet searches, and forum searches have turned up nothing, so I decided to start with you guys.

Anyway, what is happening is simple: I'm opening a drawing of a part, and in that drawing is a detail circle of an area. If I delete the detail circle it leaves the circle 'sketch' - it removes the label and the leader line, but leaves the circle. In the past I could have swore that it removed the circle sketch as well...but I've been fighting this for so long I can't remember exactly.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any clues as to what is going on? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Steven

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nahh, that is as expected. OTOH, if you remove the circle, everything goes away.

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2011 SP 2.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

I am clicking on the circle to remove it...but it still leaves the circle there...so I'm having to delete it twice.

OFS Brands
South Central Indiana

Okay...I just loaded another users settings from 'Copy Settings Wizard' and when I deleted the detail view it asked me if I wanted to delete the sketch also...so there is a setting someplace...now to find it.

OFS Brands
South Central Indiana

GOT IT!! Sorry to bother you guys!

Here's what I did:

Opened options and went to 'Advanced'.

In there I noticed a dismissed message "Do you really want to delete the following item(s)?" I checked it so that it would show again and then clicked OK.

When I deleted the Detail circle it popped open a box that asked if I wanted to delete the sketch entity as well. I made sure it was checked and clicked ok, and viola! it worked...

Now I've dismissed that message again and it still working...

Thanks for letting me ramble!

OFS Brands
South Central Indiana

Casey,

Please let me know if this works for you as well. We've got 24 licenses and a few others having the same issues...I'm going to work on getting theirs 'fixed' today...would like to know I'm not the only one who got it to work! :D

Thanks,

Steven

OFS Brands
South Central Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back