Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DETAIL VIEW - SIZE CHANGE - CIRCLE/RECTANGLE - NX8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARToolingEngineer

Aerospace
May 11, 2021
US
Greetings,

2-Fold question on Detail View
1- After I've created a Detail View, I added a component outside its boundaries and need to enlarge it
* I do not see an option to allow the size to change

2- One of the Detail Views, I prefer it be rectangle. I see the rectangle option, but it only shows me the rectangle while selecting the region
* Once the region is selected, the Detail View shows circular. Not sure how to make rectangle?

Thanks,

Brent

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right click on the detail view itself and choose "edit"; the defining points will highlight on the parent view and you can drag these to move/resize the view. Also, in the edit dialog, you can change the type from circular to rectangular. This answer applies to NX 10 (the oldest I currently have installed), but the process should be the same (or very similar) for NX 8.5.

www.nxjournaling.com

Oh, actually, I see now. You go to where you placed the Detail View. I'd much rather it be from where you select the 1st region so that you know what size you actually need. Quirky, but I'll get it. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back