Detailed Work Instructions... Format 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincinnatikid

Industrial
Sep 9, 2009
US
Hi,

I just landed a job here as a ME and my first order of business is to create detailed work instructions for the machinery.

The problem I am currently having is Format. I must make these instructions applicable to even the most unskilled workers in case there is any slow down in production. The roadblock here is that most of these processes are very complicated and non English speaking workers are involved. I feel the best way to write up such descriptions is to work the machinery myself. The only problem with that is that the possibility of me operating certain machinery is slim. There is one man who is able to operate most all of the machinery on the floor but his time for me is short. I am looking for some advice on how I should handle this if any.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had a similar problem and used a movie camera for step by step operation. I got the most experienced operator, did not use any words, and now basically any one can watch or refresh their skill set. Routinely we review the movie with the experienced operator to verify the process is still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back