Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diesel Fuel Line crossing an Electrical Duct Bank 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProcessHVAC

Mechanical
Dec 29, 2011
CA
Hi everyone, I am working on the design of a train fueling facility. I have 4 x (4-6") diesel fuel lines that have to cross a concrete encased electrical ductbank (underground). The Client does not want to relocate this ductbank.. The diesel fuel lines are FRP cladded double walled carbon steel pipes. I am wondering if there is any regulation or Code that states a minimum clearance to the electrical duct bank? I know NFPA 30 and other provide a minimum burial depth for fuel lines and separation between the fuel lines but nothing related to electrical.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not that I know of. 12" would be easily acceptable in most diesel product pipeline situations, if it is a more or less direct crossing, say within 45 degrees or less. For Parallel runs of any real length, a farther distance would be desireable, but not absolutely necessary.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it's not safe ... make it that way.

Thanks guys.

Konman: I assume that the 300 mm is measured from the edge of the ductbank to the outer diameter of the double walled line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back