Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Digital torque wrench 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltona

Automotive
Nov 28, 2006
GB
Guys, what are your thoughts on these?

After years of using the 'click' type I recently got one and didn't really get on with it, it wasn't cheap at around $450 and I had hoped for more.

When using the tool it vibrated and beeped at 1Nm less than what was on the display so I set it higher, watched the numbers and released manually.

When set to 90 degrees I noticed it was clicking off at about 80' so I ditched it and went back to using a solid bar.

Not very impressed at this price really!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Metman
I'm sorry if I implied that the beam becomes uncalibrated, but if you drop it, get mad throw and it against the wall, loan to a GOOD friend, the beam can become loose and need re-calibrated from the uncalibrated. And you are probably right about temperature but since it comes back from the check joint and that little piece of paper I just paid dearly for said it was calibrated at a temperature, I figure they must know more than I do. MOE now means moe the grass. And yes old men rule until old women say we cant, then they rule, especially around meal time. HeHeHe

The comments posted there are interesting. It appears to be a decent piece, but it's clear users assume it is correct because "it's digital"... Think I'll pass on that smokin' deal, Racear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back