Status
Not open for further replies.

bgriesel

Mechanical
Jan 4, 2011
US
Hello All,

2 questions

1 Is there a file that contains the list of Suffixes\Prefixes in the Dimension Prefix dialog box?
I have a few in the list that I would like to remove and can not find where or how. I imagine
it's perhaps in a file somewhere but can not seem to locate it.

2 Is there a way to set the Solid Edge to default to show surfaces when inserting a part into an assembly?
75% of the time when I open and save a step file from say McMaster then insert it into an assembly
half of the part may not be visible depending on it's construction make up.
The step file usually comes in a mix of body features, part copies...
Am I asking the wrong question, am I doing something wrong importing to begin with?

Appreciate all and any help.
Thanks,
Bernie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For the dim prefix/suffix list: DraftDimensionPrefix.txt likely under templates\reports depending on what version you are using. This is for ST9.

I don't know how to have surfaces on all the time. I thought the .asm template would be the way but it doesn't seem to stick.
You might want to check your options setting next time you open a step. Make sure "stitch surfaces" is on. That should/may reduce your surface count after converting.

Thank you for your response.

I guess the stating a version would have helped, still on ST7. It does not have a file by that name.
I will search around using different variation of that file name.

I also tried the assembly template but it did stay for me either.
I will experiment with the step options, I have even tried importing a solidworks part file instead of a step to no avail.

Thank you again

I'm not sure pre-ST9 had a file for prefixes. It may have just remembered based on last used and it would be local to your pc. The file allows them to be saved and shared.
I don't know what's going on with conversions. I usually don't get non-solid bodies when I import. And I don't know that I ever have from McM-Carr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back