Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimension Rounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ercegs

Mechanical
Jun 26, 2007
NO
Hi, does anybody know is it possible to make acad to round dimensions to lower number. For instance, I draw a line,and dimension shows 45.8796548.. Is it possible somehow to set precision 0, and to get number 45 instead of 46 as I get now????

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No.. It won't help. I tried to set DimRoundOff to 2..and Then I get 450 from 450.955465...But, it is not ok, because, when I set this value to 2 and set precision to 0.0000000, dimension shows me 450...

I don't want dimension to show me 450 if precision isn't 0. So, I want to have dimension 450.9543215, and when I set precision to 0 I want to have 450.

AutoCAD won't do this for you and other than a VB or LISP program I don't know how to help you. Perhaps someone of greater knowledge out there can offer a better answer. Sorry.

IFRs,

You did help me..You showed me that option DimRoundOff..I didn't know to check that option until now.

Since I don't need all dimensions with this, I can set this value to 2 only for those dimensions that I need to be rounded down.

Thank you.

You are asking to get a certain number when in practice ACAD is correct by that I mean for the value of 45.879...., we would round off to 46 which ACAD is also doing. Under properties you can manually overide ACAD's value, that's the best that you can do. Of course you can always try to write a LISP program and thre must be one out there of the millions of LISP programs written

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back