Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensioning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VukMorski

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2012
RS
Hello,

Im just switching from DS CATIA to NX8 and I cannot find how to dimension thread in drafting without manually typing letter M. Is this even possible?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi VukMorski

In NX 7.5 is possible. When you are in Drafting go to Feature Parameters - it is located in Dimension bar ( use Command Finder if you cant find it ) select feature ( thread ) select view and click ok.

Regards

Hi, I've also been wanting to do this. I followed your instruction but nothing happened. Is it supposed to add the dimension, or do I then need to add a dimension once it has been flagged?
Thanks

Hi Steve,

After short search I found it, thank you vary much. It is quite a work for simple dimension of thread but it is possible.

@FORMDES

here is more specific instructions:
1. click on "feature parameters" icon in "dimension toolbar" or Insert/Dimension/Feature Parameters,
2. in desired projected view select only tread lines
3. in window that opened click on "select view" icon than select edges of projected view with tread
4. click OK

VOILA, here it is. It seems that it is easier to write "M" manually than do this

Best regards

If you want to use the "write M" method, Press "left arrow" on your keyboard when you have selected the object(s) but before placing the dimension. It will open the "appended text before" dialog box.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back