Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dimensions decmal places (2.00) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProE603

Computer
Apr 1, 2011
US
I have a question in my drawing. I am trying to have each dimension show with two places after the decimal point. The way it is set now all the dimension all show as a whole number (ex. 2, 8, 19, 48) which I would like it to show on the drawing and .pdf, as (ex. 2.00, 8.00, 19.00, 48.00). How do you get that to show on the drawing and .pdf with two digit after the decimal point?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You are most likely using the setting for ISO drawings which is set in drawing options, or using mm as unit system.

The drawing option is as follows
LEAD_TRAIL_ZEROS std_default*
To change this go to File > Properties select Drawing Options and scroll to or type lead_trail_zeros

If the option is set to the above value the trailing zeros will be hidden if using Metric Units such as mm. To get a Metric part to show trailing zeros you can use std_english, or both which would show 0.50 for a 1/2 inch value.

The option can be set for dual dimensioning as Primary[Secondary] where primary is the option for primary units and secondary for dual units.

For a 20in value

std_metric[std_english] option would display as
20 "
[508.00] mm

std_english clips leading 0s shows trailing 0s.
std_metric shows leading 0s hides trailing 0s.
both shows leading 0s and trailing 0s.

Michael

Thank you so much, I struggled to figured out how to do this trying different things line with the annotate tab selected, having each dimension selected and going into the Dimension Properties manager and Decimal places in the parameter's group. In Drawing options, I wouldn't know which one would be the right one to give me two places after the decimal point, the only way I would've thought was to read the description column for each category and trial and error . I used a general view in the top right corner that is in standard orientation that is isometric with front, top, and right views, with the dimensions in mm. Thank you so very much for this great post.

By ASME Y14.5 definition, metric dimensions do NOT show trailing zeros.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back