Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensions Double in Drafting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlucas992

Aerospace
Jan 7, 2011
US
When I started up my station today and dimensioned a print, all of the values were doubled and one dim line is snapped to the part and the other is off in the distance. This has never happened before, but all dimensions are now doubled and one dim line is off the part. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on the order you pick your geometry. Ex. if you were dimensioning a rectangular pocket and wanted the distance from center to 1 edge, and you picked the edge first, you dim. value would double as if your dimensioning the o.a. length of pocket. If you pick the center first then edge, this will not happen.

It might be that the "half dimension" option is checked. I'm not sure what this option is there for, but when you are dimensioning, BEFORE placing the dimension if you right-click you should be able to un-check the half dimension option.

If you show by picture,it would be great. If it is secret,just show only the area which the dimensions were doubled. I think it's better. And what we want to know is what happen before that.

My catia V5 is now doing this ugh.. Its only showing 1 arrow in a dimension and the dimension is double what it is supposed to read. I have a view that is 2:1 and when I put a dimension on it, it looks like this (I circled the dim in red)
The dim should read 24.05 and have 2 arrowheads of course. None of can figure out why its doing this ugh!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f308674f-1c95-495b-bd11-def3ff3b5565&file=catia_problem.jpg
you're in "half dimension" mode.

delete the old dimension. Create a new dimension, but before you click the location, right-click and turn off the HALF DIMENSION option.

Once you turn it off, all new dimensions will be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back