Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable or hide NX "Aids" and "Popups"

Status
Not open for further replies.

andradrr

Automotive
Oct 26, 2010
BR
Hi people.

Please, does anybody knows if there anyway on earth to disable, hide and/or desactivate the "Aids / Popups" that are circled in red on the attached picture.

On the left is the "Aid" that is displayed using Studio Spline, on the right is the Popup that appears when you select objects.

I imagine they can be usefull for some people, but for me the are completely useless, not to say annoying.

I currently use NX 8.5 and NX 10

Any help or idea are very much appreciated.

Thank you guys, very much in advance.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=71f66958-bc16-45af-a3b4-81dd8d8b63c3&file=Aids_-_Popups.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you started to use them for their intended purpose your opinion of them would change.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Hello.

First of all, thank you for your promptly reply.

I design and manufacture alluminium stamps for hot stamping process. Most of forms that my clients ask me are organic forms. There are few ocasions where I need to lock an axis or lock a plane on studio spline.

The main problem with Studio Spline "Aid" for me is that every time I reposition (pan) the screen, the aid appears again on center of the screen, and in my case, 90% of time it appears very near, or over the spline pole, so I have to drag the aid away from the poles over and over again, literaly several hundred of times on a typical work day.

In my opinion, since we have all the same commands on the Studio Spline Window, under group "Movement" I think that it would not hurt to have a check box to simply show/hide this aid.

I completely understand what John said: "If you started to use them for their intended purpose your opinion of them would change.", but that is not my case. I know is purpose. Not everytime a solution that is good for an industry is also good for another one. ;)

@DidierPSICAD or @JohnRBaker... Can you please point me where is the option in Tools -> Customize that can disable the popup in the right picture?

Again, thanks a lot in advance.

There is an edit 'Shortcut Toolbar' option. When in the dialog, simply select an object on the screen and you will be presented with the current 'Shortcut Toolbar' which you can then add/remove items. To get rid of the 'Shortcut' altogether, simply remove ALL the items. Note that there are also option to edit the screen select 'Shortcut' or the 'Shortcut' items common to ALL objects.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back