Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

displacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

afdsantos

Civil/Environmental
Mar 27, 2006
PT
Hi everyone,

I've defined my displacement using a tabular amplitude. It varies with time. To see if AbaqusCae (Standard) is applying correctly the displacement I go to the history output. However when I see the output results, it doesn't apply the hole displacement: it shows me a maximum displacement applied of 6mm when I've defined with 8mm. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Ana

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are some details you should pay attention to:

If the amplitude curve supplies relative values (default case) then the applied displacement at time t is

d(t)=magnitude*amplitude(t) , where t can take only the values resulted from the time incrementation approach.

If the amplitude curve supplies absolute values then the applied displacement at time t is

d(t)=amplitude(t) , where t can take only the values resulted from the time incrementation approach. (the load magnitude will be ingnored)

Thus for each time discrete time t, ABAQUS will compute
a value for amplitude(t), interpolating between the tabular values you supplied.

Also, you have to correlate the tabular data with the step length if you give the amplitude curve with respect to the total time.

I think the problem is the definition of the tabular amplitude. I've defined with relative values (default) but it's not working!! how can I define it with absolute values in the load module?

Ana

You have to add VALUE=ABSOLUTE to the *AMPLITUDE keyword.

If you're using CAE, then you can use the Keyword editor:
Model->Edit Keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back