Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Display of Revision of Catia 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

flangewipersm8

Automotive
Jul 17, 2007
GB
All,
We work on different versions/releases of catia for different client projects on the day and its a common error to open a rev 16 part within a rev 17 envioronment. This is something we wish to avoid so :-
Is there a way of displaying the catia revison ie Rev 16
when catia is opened or having a clear distiction between sessions visually - say a watermark in the background or some floating text like the compass or zoom scale indicator.
Ps I am aware that you can click the help text in the top bar to find out which rev I have active, but its easy to forget to check.
Cheers
Mick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I think the best way is to tweak the top text line of your Catia window frame:

Browse to your Catia installation folder, e.g.
...\Dassault Systemes\B17\intel_a\resources\msgcatalog\ and look for a file named "CATIA.CATNls". Open that with Wordpad and locate the parameter
ApplicationFrame.Title = "CATIA V5";

Add the version number, e.g. "CATIA V5 R17"; save the file and restart Catia. Works perfectly :)

BR
KJamsa

KJamsa,

Seeing your post - I would like to investigate the top text line further by adding an environment name.
Is this possible?
Most OEMs have individual Release, ServicePack and HotFix levels, but what if you have more than one environment for the same code level . ..
Just a thought.

Scott.

Scott - each install of Catia for OEM has it's own directory. Your environment points to the particular OEM Version/Config of Catia. In that particular version/Config of Catia would reside the CATIA.CATNls file.
It is possible to have multiple environments / code level. For example I use full design mode, CGR Mode, and Selective Mode.
Most of this can be setup under the enviroment manager - Select the environment - File - New From

Regards,
Derek

Derek,
No and no.
OK lets think of a scenario, we have two installations on the workstation, R16SP8 and R17SP3.
For R16SP8 env name: "OEM1" & "MyEnv"
For R17SP3 env name: "OEM2".

For OEM2 the above scenario, editing the CATIA.CATNls file is OK.

But for the two environments "OEM1" and "MyEnv1" use the same source code, which nullifies your arguement . .

Scott.

however you can add a additional paths to the catmsgcatalogpath for the two environments put an appropriatly modified version of the CATIA.CATNls file in each and all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back