Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

displaying different color parts and decals all at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTerrapin

Aerospace
Feb 6, 2014
US
hey folks, I am trying to render my part. I am using the "true shading editor" to apply colors to different faces of my part but then I also want to add decals. when I add the decals though it removes the "true shading" scheme and vice versa.

Is there a way to maintain the decals AND to color different faces different colors?

Thanks a bunch!

-Ben

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

essentially what i'm effectively trying to do is have "true shading" on while also having the effects of studio. I've gone into "true studio task" and it only lets me assign a limited number of colors (Plastic object colors, plasticine, etc..)

Hi,

True Shading is very limited. You need to use "True Studio Task" and System Materials

download.aspx

I hope this help

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

when I click on system materials, it won't let me do anything. all the options are gray'ed out so it won't let me click on any of the options in the pop up window:
nms0.png

Until you assign a material, by dragging it onto the body, or some of it's faces, there is nothing to 'edit' using that dialog. Besides, even after 'assigning' a material, you still have to go to the Resource Bar tab titled 'Materials in Part' (with the little Green block and sphere) and select the material item from the ones listed there, as those are the materials that have actually BEEN assigned and therefore are available to be edited.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back