Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Displaying only selected tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mish

Civil/Environmental
Jul 28, 2003
US
I have written a detailed construction schedule into MS Project 2000. Now I want to display and print programs/schedules showing only the tasks relevant to the various component suppliers. Ideally just by manually selecting the required tasks. Task Filtering does not appear to let me do this. I tried assigning a material resource to one set of tasks I want to separate out, but couldn't get this to help me either. Surely it's not unusual to want to communicate subsets of the whole program to various suppliers? Am I missing something very simple?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You just cut and paste the required tasks into a separate file and print that out - but you may loose some relationships, thinking about it.

Or collapse sub tasks down so the printout will only have titles of sub projects on and the detail on the required bits.

Or you build your whole project with smaller indapendant 'sub project' files.

I hope this helps.

Biggy

Hi Mish,
Using MSP filters is fairly straightforward.
If you've assigned a resource, then just filter by that resource as follows:
On the menu bar, click the Project option / Filtered for/ using resource. This gives a dialogue box with your resource options. Select the one you're using and hey presto!
If you want to show/not show related summary tasks, you may have to compose your own filter, via Project/filtered for/more filters/new.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back