Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributed Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladed

Mechanical
Dec 12, 2009
GB
Hi All

Please can someone help with the following...

I am conducting a FE analysis of a wind turbine blade and require some help in how to apply a load. The link below shows the blade geometry and where I would like to insert the load.

At present, I have inserted a point load; however, this deforms the foil shape and therefore is not working correctly. Does anyone know the best way to apply a distrubuted load across a line? Or the best way to apply the load to this model? In Abaqus it is possible to define a point and attach this to a line. The load can then be applied to the point, and is hence distributed across the line. Is this possible in ANSYS?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

applying a distributed force on a line is possible in ansys. click loads->apply->structural->pressure->on lines, then select the line. but you have to remember that by definition pressure is applied on a surface not on a line so you have to calculate the distributed force according to the pressure value. if you already know how much force you are going to apply it's pretty easy.

Hi sinantufekcioglu

Thanks for your reply. I know roughly the force that I want to apply and can add a line for it to be applied on easily enough. Is it just a case of dividing the force by the length of the line instead of the area?

Thanks.

There is contact Manager Tool In Ansys that would exactly serve you such that you would be able to apply any kind of force, moment or pressure on an arbitrarily created keypoin/node for this purpose. Please make a research for Contact Manager in ANSYS, in case you are still faced with trouble do let me know I shall explain otherway then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back