Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anybody have LC2415 with carriage start button? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrouperGenius

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2013
US
The one we have did not come with one but it has the place for it. I would like to put one there, but Amada doesn't seem to want to help.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's a start button on the same panel on the right/back end of the machine where you open/close workholders. As well as gauge block up and bearing choice. To the right of the emergency stop button.

Some countries have different rules about the "operator area" than others. Of course, Amada sends machines all over the world. Machines that come into the U.S. have the wires there for the start button, but no start button installed because of the OSHA definition of the "operator area".

The long and short of it is, look through the Granger catalog and find a momentary contact button that looks pretty. Cut a hole where u want the button. Pull out the electrical schematic and find the appropriate wire numbers. Open up the little cover plate where all those other buttons are already and look for the wire numbers you found in the schematic. They should be labeled and just crimped or taped off.

I suppose if you need help finding the wire numbers make another post and I will try to find them for you.

Ok I understand the place your talking about. Our machine (canada) only has the gauge block and roller control there, along with an e-stop, with no obvious space for an additional start button. For many sheets of the same program I could see it being quite useful for some people, depending on your shop placement. I always place my sheets from the computer side since we have a pneumatic roller rack set up at the end that limits space on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back