Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Does live testing(Hot floating) be required after overhaul safety valve sec.I for Boiler applicaiton 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

james370

Electrical
Jul 26, 2009
TH
Does live testing(Hot floating) be required after overhaul safety valve sec.I for Boiler applicaiton?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's mean we will not always test to confirm blow down of safety valve, right?

ASME sec.l mentions that insitu test is accepted but of owner point of view, Does overhaul activity will affect with blow down of Safety valve or not?

Thanks

Normally, when a steam-service Pressure Safety Valve is overhauled, it is immediatly tested, with steam, on a test bench, to verify the setpoint. That test, if done by a certified Test Shop, is sufficient.

I'm in the UK and I am currently on an inline testing contract, which consists of testing the pressure safety valves in there correct location. It gets very hot lol

rodbuster, go the National Board website and get the list of VR-certified ASME PRV test & repair facilities. Anybody that can test PSV's - subset of PRV's - specifically to protect ASME Sect I boilers, can steam-test relief talves. I'm sure that there is somebody just across the border from you. If you are going to ship them long-distance, there is an excellent shop in Louisville KY, just off Interstate 65 - Precision Services Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back