Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DPPM question / How to interpret 25DPPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

IngeAX

Industrial
Feb 26, 2014
US
Hi friends,
I need your help in understand this; we have an auto customer that allows 25DPPM (this means that 1 defective part every 40000 good is allowed); but if we continue with this 25dppm criteria, how it works if the order is for less than 40,000 pcs? lets say (example) that the total order or produced qty it's only 23,000, is this is not allowing any defective part?
let me know your comments.
Thank you in advanced.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The process to make parts for this customer will have to be capable of producing the parts at the required quality and production rate. Your process will have to include a verification step using the appropriate gaging, inspection or sorting process to maintain the quality.

A capability study will probably be required by your customer verifying your companies compliance to these standards also.

You need to talk with people at your company and use their experience to help you understand what is required by this customer and how your company will meet these requirements.

Bill

Thank you Bill
I understand you point on what will be needed in order to meet customer expectations; but what I just wanted to understand o get confirmation is that basically every single order less than 40K pcs will need to be with zero defects; I'm wrong on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back