Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draft Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar005

Automotive
Sep 5, 2008
US
Hello All,

1)When I perform draft analysis in UG NX5,the body shows color representation as per draft setting.
But after competion of draft analysis when I close command window, the color representation remains as it is.
If I want original color of the body back how to proceed?

2)Once I performed draft analysis in one direction and I want to change the direction.Then how to proceed?

3)Is it possible to perform draft analysis for selective faces or some portion of body.

Please suggest.
Have a nice day.

Thanks and regards,
Amar Halake

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That is so that you can now go into an edit scenario and while editing you can watch the Face Analysis update in realtime as you make changes.

To get out of an 'analysis' mode, simply press MB3 and go back to a normal Shaded mode.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hello John,

Thanks for quick turn around.

After performing analysis when I press MB3, It didnt goback to normal shade.

For direction change I have to move back and choose another direction.

Thanks and regards,
Amar Halake

Hi,

I always use the slope function. (because this is included in a mach1 license.) And I really love this function :)

So for slope function:

1. back to normal colors: I do the same same as John. When out the function, next to a body. Right mouse button (radial popup appears) and than move up for shaded or move right-down for the colors.

2. change draft vector: Go back to the slope function and select button 'Reference vector'...

3. slope function only works with faces...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back