Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drafting objects disappearing glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

animuL67

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2010
US
Anyone else experience this: I will zoom in to my dwg notes or parts list and certain portions of them disappear. Zoom out and they show back up. Usually switching to modelling then back will fix the problem for a while but it still comes back eventually. It does this on any file and started when I installed NX7.5 years ago. Is there a fix for this? I'm on 7.5.2.5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, there was some issues with portions of Drawings going missing unless you forced some sort of display update. Have you tried doing a...

View -> Operation -> Regenerate Work

I think this issue was addressed with NX 8.0 (I haven't noticed it for awhile now). BTW, nothing is actually lost, just that it may go missing from the display temporarily.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I don't know about that particular version, but we're running 8.0.3.4 and we're having a few "disappering" issues. GTAC it telling us that it's because we're not running certified video cards. While that's true, we're also not running junk video cards. These types of things have never been an issue before but now suddenly we are having problems. Dimensions don't highlight when you select them until you zoom in and out. Drafting annotations appear not to move when dragging until you zoom in or out. We updated everyone's video card driver and that fixed the problem on a few machines - so you might try that - but we still have several others with video gremlins.

Mike Thompson
Mechanical Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back