Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing from sketch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBeta

Industrial
Jul 22, 2004
NO
Hi,

From time to time I want export a specific sketch as a standalone drawing, with measures and so on. The problem is however that measures semm to disappear when simply copying the sketch into a drawing, and I can't change the scale.

Anyone has a smooth solution for making drawings from sketches? I've probably missed something obvious, at least I hope so.

Thanks! :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear BadBeta;

I assume you are starting a new part, then creating a sketch in that part file, then trying to drag and drop this sketch into a new drawing.

It's easier to open a new drawing and start sketching right in the drawing. You can add relations, dimensions, center lines etc, as you go along.

This should work perfectly fine for simple 2D drawings where, for example, a simple end profile and length note shows everything you need to know about the part.

Best Regards

Adrian Dunevein
AAA Drafting Services

Or start a new part make your sketch with Dimensions, save it. Then open a Drawing drag and drop your Part into that new drawing. Click View\Sketches (Check mark Sketches). Make sure the sketch is set to show by clicking Drawing view (Expanding the tree in the FM of the drawing, until you get to the sketch) RMB set to show. To bring in the Dims Click Insert\Model Items - Dimensions.

Or you can do it like Adrian2 suggested. Just start your sketches and add Dimensions inside of a new drawing.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

If you are in the SW Forum Check out the FAQ section

To make the Best of Eng-Tips Forums FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back