Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing Limits - Remove from View

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUdesigner

Aerospace
Jun 24, 2003
US
I would like to be able to remove the drawing limits from the display, so we can do a JPG export of our drawings. Is there a switch that will turn the drawing limits off?

Thanks,

Chad Richardson
DARcorporation

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My question is why use a JPEG export for the drawing? Wouldn't a plot file or PDF file be better?

The view borders are turned off under:
Preferences
Visualization Preferences
Names/Borders

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I want to have a graphic of my full scale model with a few dimensions. Then I want to put my own dimensions for a 1/5 scale model on the graphic in Paint Shop. This way I can give the client a scaled dimension drawing using the full scale model. Any suggestions on a better way to do this would be great. We also have COBALT from Ashlar and it allows you to apply a dimension and overwrite it your own value for the dimension. Does UG allow this?

Thanks,

Chad Richardson
DARcorporation

Chad,

You might want to use the Retain Dimension Display option found in the Modeling Sketcher Dialog to show your sketch dimensions in a 3d view in Model Space.
You can get depth dimensions to display by using reference curves in a separate sketch to show any depth dimensions.

Then show the sketch layers and blank the curves if you don't want them displayed.

Michael Cole
Belcan Corp AETD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back