Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eagle Point Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Civil/Environmental
Feb 23, 2000
CA
I am looking for comments from users of Eagle Point Software. What are the pros and cons with respect to highway design? How does it compare to other softwares on the market (ie Terramodel, Land Developement Desktop, etc.)?<br>
Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, i used Eagle Point software to make some highway designs and my experience was very posive. You can develope an entire highway design. The program has the capabiliyoes to develope tridimentional surfaces wich permits you to calculate the earthwork on your project in simply minutes. The program is very fast in all senses. Compared with other programs just like Autodesk's Civil Software Series, Eagle's performance is a little bit weak. You have to be very carefull in the way you enter your data, because if you make any simple mistake, your program can freeze. AutoDesk has develope a more strong platform and the way the data entry is requested avoid this kind of problems. Another advantage of AutoDesk over Eagle Point and maybe the more important is that in AutoDesk a base drawing can be used by diferent users in a network when diferent diciplines need to use the same base drawing. Eagle Point do not permit several users to use a base drawing in common. I hope this comments were in some way helpfull to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back