Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easier way to change drafting sheets? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerLew89

Aerospace
Mar 28, 2011
US
Hey all,

I am a long time NX user. Is there any easier way someone knows on how to change the current sheet in drafting? I hate having to go into the part navigator to click to the sheet I want. Anything I can add to a toolbar?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

NX version, please, as capabilities get added and removed with every release.

There's Open Sheet in NX9, then a dialog pops up from which you pick from a list of drawing sheets to pick and then OK/Apply or MB3. Probably no faster than the Part Navigator route, honestly.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

As I have displayed the Navigators on my other monitor and always opened I only need 1 double click to switch sheets. Works in all versions of NX

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

Yea perhaps pinning it open is the better method. I also have it docked on my other monitor but usually don't have it pinned open.

Its better but still an annoyance.
Thanks

Undock and drag and drop it to other side of the screen than panels are as your default. it will become part of NX border but will not be able to autohide. That way they will be always visible independently from other panels. To dock it back to other panels just click X in upper right corner of part navigator, it will not close it, just move it back in to default place with other panels.

With PTC Creo, the sheets of a drawing are tabs across the bottom of the screen, like Excel sheets. Just click the sheet and it opens.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

TylerLew89 said:
Its better but still an annoyance.

Then by all means submit an ER through GTAC. The sheet tabs like Ben mentioned that Creo uses seems like a do-able enhancement, if you don't mind losing a bit of display area real estate, or come up with your own idea. If you do so, please post the ER number here so other users that might be interested can follow it or add their support by calling GTAC.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

I like the idea of excel sheets. I definitely could use this on my current job. Actually, I logged in today to post a thread about it and I am very glad to find it is already here. After all, they went thru lots of hoops to implement the ribbon bar and yet, they missed such an important enhancement.
Currently, I am going thru lots of operation sketch sheets and then switching between Modeling and Drafting workbenches. In catia, I would open the sheets in a catdrawing document window and 3d model in another separate document window and place it on another monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back