Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ecu hex emulator/map software 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfshag

Petroleum
Mar 22, 2003
GB
hi
does anyone know where i can get some free (or demo) software that will convert a hex dump of a me7 ecu into a visual map

thanks

surfshag

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have specific questions concerning the me7 I could probably answer them. One warning though, even with an realtime emulator and diagnostic equipment it is extremely difficult to figure out the meaning and function of the various maps. You should read the Bosch ME-Motronic technical instruction leaflet to get an idea of how different and advanced this ecu is.
Regards

Hi evotech,

Can you give me some documents or point me into the right direction about detail information of Bosch- ME-Motronic system? I would appretiate it too much.

Regards
Zimbali

And something about that software,

Evotech is true. I've got the software but you've gotta know something about the system itself. This software masks some part of the code that ARE NOT defenitly maps. But there is still a big amount of code that you have to go through and find different maps yourself. 3-D and 2-D representations of this software may help you in this section.
Regards

If you share what you know, you'll never forget it.

Cheers
Zimbali

does any one know of a free (or demo) software for the ford ecu to reprogram them and decode. i have an obd-2 software that i use all the time and want to play around with fule curves and stuff to learn more about the way ford programes there ecu's also i was wondering if anyone knows if you can edit it through the obd port

zimbali and evotech,
I'm looking for information regarding Motronic ME 2.3. I wonder what information you could offer or some other website you could point me at. Currently I have read the stock fuel and pressure roms and have the stock programs available. I am in the process of getting an emulator to help in decoding the actions of the ECU. I have been at a loss trying to find information on where maps are located and what their function is. Any help or information you or anyone could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I can be emailed at mrsupraboost at trdsupra.com

I am looking for software to also show me hex codes I am currently using a generic scan tool for automotive applications for Volvo product line and need more of an explanation of hex codes for use in automotive application. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Joe G.

Hi,
With a generic scantool you usually can have your hands on the codes inside the flash of ECU. You need some more advanced devices. However, if you have those codes, you can project them on WinOls, which is the best freeware option I saw on the market. Hexeditor.exe is also of some minor help from

Cheers

You can live in your car, but you can't drive your House!

Just to correct my Self in previous Post: "You usually can NOT have your hands....."on the first line

Cheers

You can live in your car, but you can't drive your House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back