Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit Sketch Plane 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDesign25

Mechanical
Feb 15, 2003
US
Is it possible to change/edit the sketch plane when using the hole wizard? At times in the design process I have needed to change the sketch plane, and Solidworks will not let me. It seems this only occurs during hole wizard sessions. Is this a limitation of Solidworks?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you Berlitz. I simple Control+C on the hole wizard feature, and then select the new face and Control+V. Very easy. This will definitely save some time.

Thanks again

yeah there is a way to change the sketch plane off of a hole wizard, before you create the hole using the hole wizard, make a sketch point on any surface, your sketch point will control the location of your hole, fire up the hole wizard, (note when doing so don't click on any surfaces, you need the hole wizard to create a 3d skecth)
when you have your hole that you won't you will lock the hole wizard sketch point onto your driving sketch point.
this will alow you to use edit sketch plane. hope this make sence if you have any quetions I will try and explain it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back