Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

'Educated' opinions on climate change part 2 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part: I wonder how many will buy it?!!!
And how can any newspaper print such a thing? Don't they have a minimal QA/QC on the stuff they put in writing?

<<A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend
will be sitting beside you saying ” Damn that was fun!” - Unknown>>

I guess in part, it all has to do with how research $$ are doled out, and right now anything that is associated with climate change/greenhouse gases/global warming is front and center for money. If a student wants $$ to put them through school, they just have to tie their these to one of the above mentioned topics.

Thanks jmw. For future reference, a smiley face indicates a joke.

=====================================
Eng-tips forums: The best place on the web for engineering discussions.

Sorry, my bad. I guess it wasn't that funny.

More Kidney stones in the Southern US? Maybe it has less to do with temperature and more to do with grits?

LCruiser,
The info in that link seems eerily similar to the way any issue is handled by the PTB.

Believe it if you need it or leave it if you dare. - [small]Robert Hunter[/small]

I was guessing "powers that be"... but that was only because it was the only thing on the wiki disambiguation page that seemed to relate.

"Permission To Bull$#!t"?

Powers That Be - Big Brother

Believe it if you need it or leave it if you dare. - [small]Robert Hunter[/small]

when all is said and done (which is reality is probably never) it looks like weather has joined the list of subjects we can't discuss in polite conversation ...

You are right rb1957. I am not sure who said it, but this is like a religion (or political affiliation), have you ever had a civilized conversation on those subjects? Tends to get pretty nasty.

Politics may not be a topic for discussion, but all the side dressings are so much fun to watch.
Even better is to see what solutions to the world problems are being suggested.
What is often found is that our leaders don't know much about economics, or the impacts there suggested solutions would have.
After all most of what's said is to make us feel good, and in the end not much will be accomplished.

This may seem to have little to do with climate change, but it really has much to do as the end result is not that much (Which to some people is just fine).
Yes we all want a better world, but there are very few universal solutions we can all agree on. The best we can do is openly discuss, and not take offence to what is said when we disagree. And just maybe the politics will actually work correctly next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back