Electric fence line monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzaloEE

Electrical
Jan 31, 2008
CL
Hi all,

I'm designing a fence charger with line monitor, and it should monitor the line at all times, no matter if the fence is armed (HV pulses) or not.

I've read about some systems injecting control signals between HV pulses, through isolation transformers, though line impedance and noise issues rise costs due to the onboard DSP processing, so it`s not a option for me now.

Also found a charger adding plain DC current to the fence, even during HV pulses, with huge protection (MOV, etc.) to the return side. like this approach, though I'm still figuring out a reliable.

This fence is 2000m long, and delivers around 7KV/100us each second.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated, since I'm quite a beginner on these kind of devices.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi all,

I'm designing a fence charger with line monitor, and it should monitor the line at all times, no matter if the fence is armed (HV pulses) or not.

I've read about some systems injecting control signals between HV pulses, through isolation transformers, though line impedance and noise issues rise costs due to the onboard DSP processing, so it`s not a option for me now.

Also found a charger adding plain DC current to the fence, even during HV pulses, with huge protection (MOV, etc.) to the return side. I like this approach, though I'm still figuring out a reliable way to share the line with 6KV and a small current.

This fence is 2000m long, and delivers around 7KV/100us each second.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated, since I'm quite a beginner on these kind of devices.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back