Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electronic circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaber26111

Mechanical
Sep 8, 2013
EG
Hello engineers,

my pleasure to be here in that professional engineering Forum, and seeking help from electronics Experts

well, i am working on circuit design for the first time, relying on my little experience into electronics, and especially Electronic circuit design

the circuit, takes audio signals at a frequencies of " 1 or 10 or 100 and up to 1khz", in damping waveforms, and the circuit purpose is to output pulse current doesn't exceed 100 micro-ampere, and voltage ranges from 20-450v, and pulse frequency from 4- 351 hz

my question, what is the right direction i go through the design of such a circuit, for example, Filtering the input signal, amplifying, then convert to pulses using PWM ic, then output through transformer or other way?, if this is a right direction, how i convert from damping waveform to pulses?

any suggestion for a block diagram to use in that design?

Btw: the circuit is powered by 1.2v, 2100mah AA battery, and there are two buttons up/down to control the output voltage

i just need your suggestion for a block diagram, or right direction to follow for the design, and if my direction is fine what's the name of the circuit i use to convert from audio signal to DCv pulses?

Will appreciate your reply

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Frequency-to-current converter. Everything beyond that is just amplifiers...

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Welcome to the forum! You'll need to provide a bit more information.

"damping waveforms" - what do you want the pulses to represent? Amplitude? Frequency? When you process the pulses elsewhere in the system, what information are you attempting to 'receive'?

"20-450V"? Did you mean millivolts (0.020-0.450V)?

well, thanks Mac and zapped for your replies

Zapped, the pulses will be represented at that voltage range, of 20-450 v, at a current up to 100 micro-ampere, and no they are not milli-volts, they are pulse volts " Square wave", at very low current and their frequency will be between 4-350hz

and all this, is from audio signal, coming from cell phone " Android phone", something like the audio file you playing at your cell phone, but instead of hearing the song or that audio file at your headphone, it get connected to that device i am working in its design

and this audio file frequency can be 1 or 10, or 100, or up to 1khz as I've mentioned before

The information i am attempting to get Zapped, is that if you are working on this design, how you would get from audio file a controlled pulsed current and voltage?, and what are the steps you would follow to design it?

Mac, helped me a bit with his response, and i am quite deciding this block diagram, take a look, and let me know if suggest better block diagram, or if i miss something

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2e725b21-a90d-4d61-a50c-854b3d2d6612&file=Stimulator_Block_Diagram.bmp
You seem to be in need of someone who designs analogue circuitry to do this for you. Or do you attemt to do it yourself?

There are so many unclear things in your specification, one is "audio signal, coming from cell phone " Android phone", something like the audio file you playing at your cell phone". Does that mean that you think that the audio file is analogue data? Or are you aware of the different coding systems used for audio files?

You are also mentioning that your input signal contains 1 and 10 Hz. It does not. There is a lower band-width limit that definitely is above 10 Hz. So that will be a huge problem.

Is "damping waveforms" important? And what does it mean? Decaying ringing?

I think it would be a lot better if you describe what you want to do instead of telling us how you are going to do it. After all, we are the guys that "know how to" and you are the guy knowing the "want to".

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
Half full - Half empty? I don't mind. It's what in it that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back