Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Sketch Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorgan890

Mechanical
Sep 23, 2011
US
Just moved to NX 1953 from NX 12.

Previously, I was able to right mouse click on features with embedded sketches and pick Edit Parameters and the sketch dimensions would appear without going into the sketch.

I no longer see this in NX 1953. Is this functionality gone?

Thank you,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That happened to me too and I was able to resolve the problem.
I will get back to you when I figure out what I did,
What type of feature is attached to the sketch ?

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

It's not dependent on other features. For example, the problem is the same for a model that contains just one extrusion, as well as a model with fifty features.

Both. In the old file, i noticed the existing features with internal/embedded sketches this still works, but if i create new feature it doesn't.

As a side note, I think "internal sketch" is probably the correct term. Not "imbedded sketch." My bad.

In that case, this is probably related to the new sketcher. In the old sketcher, an expression was created for every driving dimension that you added to the sketch. In the new sketcher, this is no longer the case; an expression is only created if you explicitly tell NX to create one. I suspect that NX is only going to show the dimensions that have expressions associated to them when you use "edit parameters".

www.nxjournaling.com

Yep, that's it.

Using Rapid Dimension, I just created a sketch dimension and under "Driving" i checked "Expression", and it worked.

Thanks,

Is there any down side to making Sketch Dimensions Expressions, other that maybe a few extra clicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back