Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

EN 10217-1 Hydrotest frequency ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

albanbulku

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2013
AL
Please if someone can inform me about Hydro test frequency and if it is mandatory for each pipe according to this standart???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Even a cursory google search shows that hydraulic testing is mandatory for each pipe during manufacture.

Therefore frequency is 100%

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

yes but i dont have that standart and the factory sad according EN 10217-1 is not mandatory for each pipe......Sory for my igniorance brother

Then buy it (or tell your boss he needs to buy it). It's all available on line now.

If you don't want to do that ask the factory to copy the relevant section and let them justify it, but you will still need a copy as they might not tell you the full story.

If you're buying/designing to a standard and you don't have a copy, how do you know anything about it. The vendor could tell you all the pipes need to painted blue and you wouldn't be able to refute their claim.

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

Please mind that it is not a hydrotest as in strength test, but on leak tightness!

Indeed, according EN 10217-1 all pipes shall be tested, but:

EN 10217-1 said:
8.4.3.1 Leak-tightness
The tubes shall pass a hydrostatic test (see 11.8.1) or electromagnetic test (see 11.8.2) for leak-tightness.
Unless Option 6is specified the choice of the test method is at the discretion of the manufacturer.
Option 6: The test method for verification of leak-tightness in accordance with 11.8.1or 11.8.2is specified
by the purchaser.
NOTE SAW tubes cannot be tested in accordance with 11.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back