ENERCALC FREEZES WHEN OPENING NETWORK FILES. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KANZAZ

Computer
Jan 20, 2020
US
Hello Everyone,

Our company just made the transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and we are experiencing an issue with our enercalc software.

ENERCALC Build 12.19.11.30
Windows 10 Pro Build Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)

THE PROBLEM: Typically using enercalc we can click on an enercalc file and the application opens and opens the file we clicked on. For some reason now when we click on an enercalc file, the software launches but hangs and then freezes. Now if I open the software first and then using the open file option and map out to the enercalc file it opens just fine. Also if I copy the Enercalc file from the network to my local machine it opens just fine. It has something to do with opening a file on a network drive.

Do you have any ideas on what we can do to resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for the reply,

They acknowledged the issue but state that they cannot recreate the issue. Just them acknowledging the issue tells me I am not the only one. I came here to see if anyone else has experienced the same problem and if they have ever found an answer.

Thank you.

This seems like a Microsoft UI/network issue, not an Enercalc one.

Either you or Enercalc or both need to contact MS Tech support.

They will ask:

If the file is dragged-and-dropped onto the already open application does the application open the file.
If you drag and drop the file icon onto the application icon does the application then open and then open the file.
If you MAP the folder the file is in does double-clicking on the file cause the application to open and then open the file.
If it is a Network shared folder does double-clicking on the file cause the application to open and then open the file.
If you right click the file icon and select OPEN does the application open and then open the file.
Is this a wired network connection or a WiFi connection
Are you using Windows Explorer or some other tool.

A little more info I would like to add. I tried it on a Local windows (non-domain) user account and double clicking the file from a mapped folder works fine. The problem is only happening on domain accounts when double clicking an ener calc file from a mapped folder..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back