Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Engineering standard for nylon screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ENGIFAR... a couple...

A-A-55623 COMMERCIAL ITEM DESCRIPTION SCREW, MACHINE, 82° AND 100°, FLAT COUNTERSUNK HEAD, SLOTTED, PLASTIC (NYLON), UNC-2A AND UNF-2A

A-A-55624 COMMERCIAL ITEM DESCRIPTION SCREW, MACHINE, PAN HEAD, SLOTTED, PLASTIC (NYLON), UNC-2A

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

We used to use them for attaching fiberglass wingtip fairings on low observable aircraft.
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

WKTaylor-Thank you. That's perfect.

Tbuelna-I've used them in applications that are near sensitive electronics, where conduction would be problematic. I've also used them as frangible fasteners.

drawoh-See above for typical uses. It's typical of my company to use standard parts for a system that is entering production, as I believe is the case with most aerospace.

Engifar... may find this website/info useful for Fiber/Lite composite fasteners...

[links not working?]

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back