Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entering dimensions into design table

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesEtch

Industrial
Sep 9, 2002
EU
Hi there, I am currently working on a part that uses a large design table. It has 20 parrallel planes offset from each other and a sketch with 3 dimensions in each plane. The position of the plane and also the three sketch dimensions are entered into the table for each plane. My problem is that I have manged to enter all the dimensions into the design table, DIM1@SKETCH3 etc but in one of the planes when I try to double click the dimension to enter the dimension into the table the computer beeps at me and brings up the modify dialogue box. I have tried all sorts of things, redrawing the sketch etc all with no success. Does this sound like anything obvious? Any held is much appreciated, James Etchells

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can ask a few more questions to clarify your problem.
Or you can e-mail me something to look at.
I'm thinking that by the time you see this post - you will have figured out your problem by yourself.
Sometimes all I need is a little distraction to clear my mind.

Based on your post - I would guess that the dimension you're clicking on is already in your DESIGN TABLE.
Right-Click the dimension and pick PROPERTIES.
Look at the FULL NAME.
Then search for that FULL NAME in your DESIGN TABLE.
[jester]
tatej@usfilter.com
aka: Little Debbie's Boy-Toy

Yup........sounds like a duplicate dim.....just to keep things straight in your own mind, you should rename the dimensions to something more meaningful........it will help in a situation like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back