EPDM login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars1978

Mechanical
Dec 30, 2015
NL
Hi All,

I'm using Solidworks 2018 and i'm trying to login to a company vault. I'm no memember of their network domain.

I can see the vault and select it. The strange thing that I can't login. Not even with the admin account of this company.

Can it be that the account name: PDM (local) has something to do with it? Why says the account that it is (local)

2020-03-02_07_18_53-DASSAULT__SOLIDWORKS_3D_Design_Forum_-_Eng-Tips_bdbra8.png

Thanx in advance,

Lars

Lars
NX native (NX13 or NX1847)
Solid Edge ST10
Inventor
Solidworks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It seems odd that you are trying to log into an Admin account, and don't seem to know much about the Administration of EPDM.

Which PDM are you using? Workgroup? or Enterprise?

The vault resides on the company server therefore if you are not on the domain you cannot connect with the vault period. The company domain admin account credentials don't matter. The vault is set up by the PDM administrator and as such has only those credentials who have been granted access.

The PDM local you mentioned is a cache where your working files are stored.(to reduce network congestion as well as for performance reasons) It is subject to the same login criteria as the vault. If you dont have creds to login you wont be able to access it. The server handles the logins as well as licenses so if you are not connected to its domain, you wont be able to login or pull a license. IF you have domain admin rights, just add your machine to the network.

Regards,
Jon

Jon,

Thanx for the answer.

I wonder why i've seen companies work together in one vault. They are not members of the same domain. Each company has it's own domain. Still they can connect and login to the PDM server?

Regards,

Lars

Lars
NX native (NX13 or NX1847)
Solid Edge ST10
Inventor
Solidworks

they can work together through the magic of Microsoft active directory. Lots of stuff that is configured in the background.

They were able to log into the same EPDM vault because Administration set them up as clients/users.

Without a client, you can't log in.

To log in as an administrator; that is a different log-in location, not the client location you showed us in your original post. If you were to log in as an administrator, you would then see all of the users and groups that were set up. This is where you will see the permissions granted for work in EPDM, either as a contributor or editor or reader.

So the administrator will set you up as a client and give you the license you need to log in and do the work.

You say you tried to log in as an administrator and I do not see why someone would let you do that. EPDM administrator is not the same as IT administrator. The admin account for the company will not let you in to the admin account of EPDM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back