Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPRI Guidelines on Fossil Plant Cycle Chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaudi

Mechanical
May 3, 2002
MY
Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the above document as I do not belong to the EPRI? I am interesred in water quality for once through boilers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most US electric power utilities are EPRI members. If you know anyone in the main office of a US power utility, you can ask them to look up some specific information for you, but it is not permitted to copy or distribute these reports.

The Once thru unit water treatment guidelines are also published in europe by the VGB and also the german boiler code TRD. These are a lower cost publication compared to the Epri guidelines, and are probably more reliable.

You can also try a science citation abstract search of the usual authors ( Barry Dooley, Otakar Jones, etc.)

Innovative Steam Technologies has a engineering specification on the Web for once-through steam generators. Search using "feedwater guidelines". I have a copy and may be able to email it for you.

For your information I understand that all national boiler standards including DIN and TRD have been replaced by a new European Norm EN12952, Part 12 covers boiler chemistry.

If your are still interested in EPRI let me know.

athomas236

EPRI does sell its publications to non-members. They do have a pretty hefty price tag, but you can get them. Here's a link to their site:
I agree with davefitz in regard to "unofficial" copies.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back