Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equations for animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve105

Mechanical
Jul 1, 2002
GB
I am currently working on an assembly in soildworks that requires some form animation in order to check for clashes.

The problem is that the parts lie and move in different planes that are driven through a bevel gearbox, with a series of links and cranks.

If possible I would like to set up the assembly in such a way that, the motion of the parts are simultaneous when moved.

Has anyone ever built a model similar to this?

Regards

Steve

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have SW2001+, you can do like Scott mentioned...

1) Leave the appropriate constraints hanging (i.e. shaft CAN rotate around its central axis but not back and forth between say, bearings or something like that.)

2) Pick one of the parts to move (i.e. shaft)
-Select Collision Detection
-Select Interference Detection
-Select Physical Dynamics

3) Now try rotating your shaft.

I was going from memory, but I think that is the right keystrokes. And hope you have a up to date workstation (especially video card)..It will still work, but just takes longer to regenerate for each "move".

Ken

I guess it really depends on how complicated the parts and mates are and what you are really trying to accomplish.

It would really be nice if SW would leave the three things, in KenBolens step 2, checked until you uncheck them. Enhancement Request
BBJT CSWP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back