Erratic behaviour in Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

prsyam

Mechanical
Nov 30, 2012
SA
Hi All,
I was making the plant layout and animated it with 20 motors (16 linear).
During animation, some componets moves out of the building in between an event.
I have tried so many things and failed, like delete the motor and add it again.
It is a lot of work to make all this sequences again and not sure this will repeat or not.
Is there someone faced the same problem. I am using ST5.
-syam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have deleted the motors and created new one, still after ~50% movement the component jumps to one side and start the rest of the event from there.
This time I had taken care all parts are active from creating the motors to animation.
I have tried to use different constraints and even tried without any constraints.
Also I noted even after I delete some motors, the components moves. I have not used the Camera or Appearence yet.

I have attached the movie of how I have done similar presentation.
1. pallete, that is moving, has three motors. One for main linear motion, one for rotation, when it is on turn table, and one in Z direction, to elevate, when it is on lift table.
2. both turn tables have motors for rotation
3. lift table has one motor for lifting the table. I should also define the motion so, that the table moves back down, when the palette moves away. But this is not so important in the demo

Now, when I set the motors, first there was a problem with palette, since it has 3 motors. Only the first one, linear, was recognized. So, what I have done then was, define this linear motor first. Then, I have defined the rotation of the turn table. After that, I have clickec with right mouse button (RMB) on this rotation. After that, I have clicked with RMB in the roataion line for the palette rotation motor. I have selected Insert, and the motion was defined. I have done the similar with lifting it up. First, I have defined the motion for the lift table and then I have inserted this motion on the line for the Z-linear motor of the palette.
After some adjustments, it worked quite good.
The motion simulation was done in SE ST5, mp07.

In which version are you working? Maybe there is a problem in your version?
Can you describe little bit more, what is happening, or attach some image or movie?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d1a18784-0f7d-4167-b25d-2e4dbee1aaf8&file=movie.avi
Hi SwenBom,
Firstly thanks for your time. I have got some tips from that.
My layout is slightly different. It is a closed chain. The pallets travels one by one in X-axis and stacks in Y-axis.
I found one motor on a different machine is causing the problem, but how? I dont know, these two machines are not constrained by anything. I found it by deleting other motors one by one.
Can you give me a mail in prsyamraj@gmail.com so that I can send you the video.
Thanks again
syam

Well, after watching this movie ( I can see, that there will be quite a lot of work to do, to make such animation. And of course, not everything would be possible.
Anyway, at least some of this can be done in SE (of course not in the rendered state).
1.one part or assembly can move in different direction. It can go linear for some time, then rotate for example and move linear again. This is something, that I have explained in previous post.
2.then there is a change of the shape, when the product comes out of the machine. Of course, the animation will not show/hide features. But what you can do here is having two parts. One part is the shape, when the part comes in the machine. Let's say, that this is CastPart. And the other is the part with the shape, that part will have, when going out of the machine. Let's say, that this is MachinedPart. You will use here the Appearance option. When the part goes in the machine, the 100%Visible is CastPart and 0%Visible is MachinedPart. When the part goes out of the machine, the visiblity will be just the opposite.
3.For drilling and other operaiton I don't think, that it will be possible to animate. At least not so, that the hole will be visible when the tool enters the material. Maybe again with two parts? I don't know.
4.then there is animation at 2:07. This is just playing with the appearance.

Then there are some of mine suggestions:
Do not use all the parts in the animation. Try to simplify assembly as much as possible. Maybe it would be good to remove some parts from the assembly. You don't need bolts, screews, nuts, etc. They will not be visible in the animation anyway.
Try to make several movies. You can show some operations in one movie and another set of operations in another movie. At the end, try to combine the movies into one with some other software. I think that this would be easier than doing all in one. If you want to do all in one, then you have to run the motors, you have to move the views, etc.

I hope, that this helps you somehow. And if you can send me some snaps of the problem or create a powerpoint with description ot the problem, it would be good. Then I can look at the problem and maybe find some solution.

Regards.

Hi SwenBom,
I give up since time is the issue, We outsourced that to people working in C4D.
From my side I have simplified the assembly ready for animation (reduced the total size from ~3,8Gb to 120 Mb, all moving components seperated and identified and prepared the sequence chart.
Now back into design :)
Thank you for all helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back