Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error CDP, Plastic strains are negative, help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolas R.

Structural
Aug 22, 2016
AU
Hi everyone,

I’m modelling the concrete damage plasticity, I’m trying to define the concrete compression damage and the concrete tensile damage through the damage parameters to each one (see the annex) I’m having the next error message:

DURING THE CONVERSION FROM CRUSHING TO PLASTIC STRAIN Abaqus FOUND NEGATIVE AND/OR DECREASING VALUES OF PLASTIC STRAIN. VERIFY THAT THE DEGRADATION DATA UNDER *CONCRETE Both (COMPRESSION/TENSION) DAMAGE IS CORRECT.

I calculate the plastic strain (through the ecuation defined in the Abaqus Manual) whit the values registers in my model, (see the file adjunct).

Someone can Help me ou explain me why this values of plastic strain are negative if the opened parameters are logical ????

Thanks.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a7cb0c74-46c7-403f-ae51-76516fb29258&file=1.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi MRUsTGr88,

I am using the equations presents in the Documentation of the program through the section 23.6.3 Concrete damage plasticity, I do not understand why the both behaviors (compression and tension) provide negatives values of the Plastics Strains (see the annex picture). The trend of the curves has sense in the correctly analysis of the concrete to each behavior, and the damage parameters (dc) and (dt) are bigger according the strains increase.

I'm just ussing a static general step in this analysis, maybe I need to use a Riks Step because the behavior is decresing??

I appreciate any tip!
Regards,

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d2d8d38f-923b-474a-be1e-6f6060c533d0&file=CDP.png
I am not sure, but I think maybe the formula you use for calculation of dc and dt is not good. You have to choose dt and dc so you get positive and rising values for plastic strain.

I think you are using E=19,7 MPa and you should use 19.7GPa. Or that is what I see from your table (the first one you sent). Correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back