Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in Design Table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uka

Mechanical
Dec 15, 2003
US
Hi.
I am having problem with creating configurations in the assembly using the design table. My design table includes $CONFIGURATION and $STATE parameters.
When closing the design table, I get the warning, saying "No valid design table instances were found." However, I made sure many times that my parameters are specified correctly and instance numbers are also correct.
I am using SW2006 SP4.1. I've never had problem like this, and I've run out of ideas. Can anybody help me?
I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,
Uka

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, handleman.

How do I post the screen shot?
I can only post text message using the window provided on the web.... Help!

Thanks.

I've deleted the row 2, but it is still giving me the same error...
I've tried anything I could think of...

See the Help file for Design Tables > Related Topics > Formatting a Design Table

By default, cell A2 is reserved as the Family cell. This cell determines where the parameter and configuration data begins. The Family cell contains no text, however, in Excel, the Name Box displays Family.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520​
How to find answers ... faq559-1091​

Try deleting the current DT and creating a new one.

I usually find it easier to create the first config manually (other than the default) then use the auto-create function to set the DT.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520​
How to find answers ... faq559-1091​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back