Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in non-existing node

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazejpop

May 3, 2014
PL
Hello,
I have encountered a very odd error in my analysis. I got an error saying "***ERROR: Excessive rotation of node number 154156" while the listed node doesn't even exist in the model. I opened the .inp file and searched for "154156" which gave me no matches. I'm using the "initial state" condition for importing instances from other analyses, however they don't contain this node either.
Does anyone know what might be a way to deal with this? Any hints will be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check the output database, it’s likely that there you will find this node, either in sets created internally by Abaqus or when searching for it by label.

Thank you for the answer!
Querying this number in the output database didn't give any hits for all instances (Tools -> Query -> Nodes).
Is it possible to list/check/look the internally created nodes sets?

Expand the output database in Viewer and check the Node Sets list. It contains the sets created in relation to error and warning messages, among the others. You can also use display group creation tool to access node sets and search for nodes by their labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back