Excel Contour Chart Axes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG1001

Electrical
Jun 13, 2006
US
Hello all,
I am hoping that someone might know how to solve my Excel Contour chart issue. I am wondering if there is a way to change the ranges of the x and y axes on a Contour chart. I essentially want to zoom in on a portion of a chart based on calculated min and max range values. In certain instances I would want to set the max and min range values to non-integer values. So, having the ability to just change the display and not having to change my charted data would allow me to not have to interpolate between data points since my data points are charted at integer values.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pmover, this feature is unfortunately not avaliable for a Contour chart like it is for an x-y scatter chart. Excel will only allow me to change the "Number of series between tick-mark labels" and the "Number of series between tick-marks" from the "Scale" tab.

I do appreciate the suggestion

A surface chart (or contour chart, which is a special case) is not truly a scatter type chart, but more like a line chart or area chart. Read for Jon Peltier's take on this.
Surface charts are not true X-Y-Z charts. X and Y are not treated as numeric data, and must consist of regularly defined, evenly spaced categories. Exactly one Z value is needed for each X-Y pair
He also gives a few nice links:

Cheers,
Joerd

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back