Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

excel macro problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigb

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2002
US
I have made some "Macro" modification(copy from some previous file) on the excel file but don't know why every time I try to retrieve this file then it will automatically link/refer to the previous excel file/worksheet. Could what how u could help?

Basically, I have to write an instruction and teach other users to use this template. Once, the instruction is completed then I may need to see what macro/VB that he could be built into this template.

I tried to you export the VBA module and import it into the new file but it dus not work.
Cud u gimme any suggestions

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't shink the problem is in macro. Try to run a word search for the name of the previous spreadsheet in the spreadsheet and in VBA. You might find it in some formulas..

bigb,

I have found that when I copy a file from within EXCEL with the SAVE AS command, all the existing links remain pointing to the original file sheets.
To avoid this, what I normally do is to copy and rename the the file from outside EXCEL using Window Explorer. This way the the links point to the other sheets in the new file.

Maybe EXCEL does the same when you have a macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back