Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Margin & Cell Size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEARUN

Structural
Nov 17, 2010
US
I am making a calculation pad template in Excel. I am set all the cell sizes to 0.25" x 0.25", and added borders around all the cells so the cells are visible when the page is printed. When the sheet prints the cells are a little less than a 0.25" x 0.25" and therefore not too scale. I would like this sheet to scale. The Page Setup shows the Scaling set to 100% normal size. Does anyone know why the cells would not print with the correct (to scale) size.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'll take a guess that it's something in the printer/driver settings, not in Excel itself (although, as a work-around why not fiddle with the scale setting in Excel).

I might suggest considering an approach that I took years ago: load the printer with the desired paper with any preprinted logo, etc, or in your case standard grid paper, and then print off your calc pad template. In fact, to make it easier. Do it once, then take it to the photocopy machine. I have run thousands of sheets on printers with customized page numbering, title block, etc.

Good link from zelgar. The problem is that Excel does not allow you to set a column width in normal length measures.
Open Office Calc does and I find that quite similar to use so one option is to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back