Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exist Composite Deck 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaisersoze

Structural
Nov 10, 2008
I am checking an existing composite floor structure for some new loads. Structure was built in 1981. The section thru the floor suggests: t=2", t1=6".......which I am taking to mean that the deck is a 4" deep deck. The sketch shows t&b rebar in each flute, so I am trying to get a general idea of what would be width of flute for a 4" deep deck.

I can't find any info on a 4" composite metal deck. I called a deck manufacturer and they don't have any info on it either. Did they make a 4" deck at some point in the past?

Kaiser

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I also agree with Hokie.

If this was a Robertson deck though, they did make some decking that was 4 or 6" deep for duct runs. My catalog is packed away, so I cannot verify that right now, but others in this forum do have the information.

Mike McCann
MMC Engineering
Motto: KISS
Motivation: Don't ask

Jed: Thanks buddy for going thru the trouble of posting this catalog, it will be part of my archives. Again, many thanks.

Kaiser

After putting some thought into it and also taking into account the fact that ASD 9th edition allows a max deck size of 3" for composite action, I agree with hokie that indeed he solved the riddle correctly and the deck is 2".

Thank you for help guys.

Kaiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back