Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export BOM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarvajit

Automotive
Sep 28, 2006
US
Is it possible to export the BOM or indented Product assembly structure from NX to a CSV or Excel file, with part names and part numbers?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried Tools > Assembly Navigator > Export to Spreadsheet? It will kick out the NAV. info to Excel for whatever columns you have active in the NAV. It will insert blank spaces in front of the info in each cell to represent the tree structure.

kevklem
I did an export to spreadsheet. It worked. But I do not see the assembly tree structure. It is all lined up.
I am in NX 2.0.2.2

Thank You

Yes, that is how it will come out. There is no indentation of the product structure levels.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
Sr IS Technologist
L-3 Communications

If you use the BOM in drafting you can export that to excel..

1. create the BOM
2. on the top left corner of the BOM right click and select exprt. This will bring up a dialog box click on file give it a name and location and click apply.
3. Open excel
4. In excel data->import external data->import data-> select the file you created from UG

then you will get a new dialog box that comes up and shows your info before you place it in cells. You can adjust the cell width here to make your data fit in the cells.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back