Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export To Spreadsheet FaileD With Code -2146827284

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHuskic

Computer
Dec 18, 2012
US
NX randomly stopped allowing a user to export to excel and we are getting the error below. Have tried googling, searching this site and GTAC but unsure of what is happening. Worked fine 2 days ago. Excel works as a stand alone currently.

Code:
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO CUSTOM HEADER 25 "UGTL_macro" 0
&MACRO CUSTOM 25 ANT * POPUP * 0 * UG_ANT_EXPORT_TO_SPREADSHEET ! 
SPREADSHEET INFO: SPRDCreate.cpp/489:Excel 2007 Spreadsheet
SPREADSHEET INFO: SPRDCreate.cpp/336: Excel 2013 is installed on this machine
SPREADSHEET INFO: SPRDCreate.cpp/619:Starting new Spreadsheet using file C:\Users\dbob\AppData\Local\Temp\ugx4D1A.tmp
SPREADSHEET INFO: SPRDCreate.cpp/903:EXCELITF: Hooking up addins.
SPREADSHEET ERROR: SPRDCreate.cpp/1027:starting excel failed with code -2146827284
SPREADSHEET ERROR: SPRDCreate.cpp/1032:starting excel failed with code -2146827284excel startup error description:  Unable to set the Installed property of the AddIn class
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2, Failed to connect to Excel events
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO CUSTOM 25 ANT * POPUP * 0 * UG_ANT_TREE_SET_EXPAND_ALL_COMPONENTS ! 
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO CUSTOM 25 ANT * POPUP * UG_ANT_EXPORT_TO_SPREADSHEET ! 
SPREADSHEET INFO: SPRDCreate.cpp/489:Excel 2007 Spreadsheet
SPREADSHEET INFO: SPRDCreate.cpp/619:Starting new Spreadsheet using file C:\Users\dbob\AppData\Local\Temp\ugx71EA.tmp
SPREADSHEET INFO: SPRDCreate.cpp/903:EXCELITF: Hooking up addins.
SPREADSHEET ERROR: SPRDCreate.cpp/1027:starting excel failed with code -2146827284
SPREADSHEET ERROR: SPRDCreate.cpp/1032:starting excel failed with code -2146827284excel startup error description:  Unable to set the Installed property of the AddIn class
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2, Failed to connect to Excel events
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO CUSTOM 25 ANT * POPUP * UG_ANT_EXPORT_TO_BROWSER ! 
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE OUT 1
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE OUT 1

DHuskic
Data Prep Nx 7.5 & Nx 8.5
Kettering University Class of '17

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your sig line indicates that you are running NX 7.5 or 8.5; the error info indicates Excel 2013 is installed. Neither NX 7.5 or 8.5 are certified to run with Excel 2013.

You can find the spreadsheet compatibility information by opening the release notes and going to: System information -> NX compatibility with spreadsheet

www.nxjournaling.com

Ahh that's my fault. I swear I updated the signatures on all of my forum accounts. We are running Nx8.5 and Nx9.0. We have had successful executions with excel thus far.

DHuskic
Nx8.5 & Nx9.0

Technically, NX 9 isn't certified to run with Excel 2013 either; though I've heard of others using it successfully. Are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Excel? NX 9 isn't certified to run with any 64 bit version of Excel.

This might be a good question to take up with GTAC.

www.nxjournaling.com

Hmmm. The user is running 64 bit windows and Nx, 32 bit excel.

I opened up the release notes and was looking at the specs and caveats, there was some troubleshooting tips on there that talked about not being to launch excel when no visible workbook was open. Basically stated to go into the task manager and kill the excel processes.

We had done a full restart on the computer, so we skipped this step the first time around but there must be something in the user's start up that does something with excel. Seems to be fixed for now, not sure what the bug was though.

DHuskic
Nx8.5 & Nx9.0

Well our temporary fix was just that, the issue is back. But now, a full restart and ending the excel process do not alleviate the problem. Not sure what to try next.

DHuskic
Nx8.5 & Nx9.0

Not sure if this problem was solved but I had a similar problem earlier today. Running NX9 with Excel 2013. The issue was on the excel side, essentially the UG add in became disabled. This was fixed through excel file=>options=>add ins=>manage ad ins=> enable UG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back